Parents of multiples are asked many annoying, inappropriate questions.
From, were they conceived naturally, to whether your boy/girl twins are identical…like seriously???
But there is one particular question I find the most annoying of all: ARE THEY TWINS?
Do people actually think that 2 babies (who are very clearly around the same age) are siblings born months/years apart?
Here are some of the best responses you can practice giving these nosy people:
(PS: I’ve used the last 1 about half a dozen times which results is incredulous looks)
- What? There was only 1 when we left the hospital!
- No, they’re brothers who were born 3 minutes apart
- The hospital had a buy 1 get 1 free offer
- No, there are actually 3, but we keep the third one for spare parts
- No, one is a stunt double
- No, the first one was so wonderful we decided to have him cloned.
- Hmmm, I don’t know, they have 2 different dads.
- No, I found the other 1 in the parking lot and thought, why not?
- No, one is a clever forgery
- No, they’re triplets. I leave the ugly 1 at home.